How it all happen was a little messy and complicated. I'll skip the long winded story and proceed to the starting point. We went shopping around in mlk and they were having some jewelery fair. I knew I'm having trouble selecting the best, so instead we went looking around, and of course were looking for some of her favorites, while i'm taking down all the notes in my head. At the end of the day we walked away. A little disappointment for her maybe, but I knew what I need. It was few days before our trip to Krabi, and so I knew Krabi will be my spot, and I went back the day after. Since she was working, I had the chance to sneak out and get the RING. I got hers and then find a matching one for myself. I was a little nervous though, dunno why. But got it and sneak it into my luggage without her knowledge. I had to keep it nicely so that she won't notice it in case she happens to open my bags. On the flight my mind started wondering, and planning out some ideas. We had another couple there with us, luckily our seats were separated, but I ended up with my guy friend instead. So I took this chance to tell him my plans, and get them to play along.
I had 2 alternatives, a nice bar or the beach. I was preparing the script though if I were to be standing in front of the crowd. So my mind was wandering, looking for words. She caught me being dreamy once a while, I tried hiding it away and pretended to be dreamy instead of practicing for my script. I decided to do it on the last night of our trip, so I only had this once shot and no room for failure. We had wonderful few days before the DAY arrived. I got more nervous this time but tried to hide them away. I planned to do it in a singing cafe which I spotted the night before. I didn't have a chance to really check it out. So as dinner time comes, its time for ACTION. I made her leave the room first while I get my STUFF, nicely hidden in my bag. As usual we went for dinner. We took some time looking at things and choosing place for dinner. By the end of the dinner, we walked back to the area around the targeted SPOT. They had a nice singer there, with everyone on the sofa listening and watching the man performs under the dim lights. We didn't walked in the cafe, but stroll around there as it was by the beach. We sat down nearby just close enough to listen to those soothing songs as we sat under the moonlight, trying to gaze some stars while we whisper among ourselves. I hesitated a little, as I decided to go in, it was a little too late. They were packing their instruments and equipments. So I guess I just slipped the chance away.
So I went to plan B. The beach. This is a more conservative plan as it would just be me and her and the other couple friend of ours. We saw this lucky hot air lantern that ppl were putting up for good luck. So, I took this chance to put one for ourselves. My friend played along by being the initiator to suggest us to put the lantern. Me, supporting the notion but she did NOT. It took a while before I manage to persuade her that we lit a lantern for ourselves. So we wrote on the lantern
JH ♥MY
was here in Krabi Aug 2010
So we headed towards the beach to lit the lantern and let if fly up to the sky. My friends put up theirs first while she was busy taking some photos I was getting ready and putting IT into my pocket. Then it was our turn to light ours and let it fly into the sky. We were each holding onside of the lantern. It was rather big so it manage to give me some coverage. While the lantern was being lit, it took a while before the hot air accumulates in it. So I took IT out and held it on my hand. As the lantern was ready to take off, we let go our hands and watch the lantern rose into the sky. I open it up and down on my knee. She was watching the lantern and when she looked down, I popped the question. " Will you marry me?" She looked clueless and a little surprised I guessed. She stood there and didn't know what to do. And finally she nodded her head and said YES. I put the ring into her little finger, gave her a kiss on the lips and we walked our way back to the room. I felt so relieved. Although it didn't go with my first plan, but I'm glad I still made it. Too bad it was dark on the beach.
♥ 14 Aug 2010 ♥
wow... the lantern does bring you good luck... whichever plan it was, i'm sure she'd say yes nonetheless...
ReplyDeletei believe it was somewhat magical and romantic at the same time.. everything was meant to be.. you, her, the lantern, the beach, the RING.. the part she was dumbfounded by your action must have shown how you had surprised her.. *THUMBS UP*
being nervous is ok.. at least you know you wanted to walk this road with her as much as she does.. it's going to be an endless journey together.. This is a beautiful start.. you have to work harder to have a good life with her... ok?
Jo.
thx jo :)
ReplyDelete*^^*
ReplyDeletep.s. din hint hint...cincai wear oni that day.hehe...